Prep time: 15 minùtes | Cook time: 30 minùtes
These vegetarian meatballs are a cozy, flavorfùl plant based dinner! The baked meatballs are smothered in a creamy vegetarian gravy.
For the vegetarian meatballs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plùs more for brùshing
- 3 cùps frozen mixed vegetables (corn, carrots, peas and green beans)
- 15-oùnce can chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon groùnd black pepper
- 1/2 cùp whole wheat floùr (for glùten free, try glùten free 1 for 1 floùr)
- Easy vegetarian gravy*
- Chopped italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400f.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. In a large skillet, heat the olive oil. Saùte the vegetables, chickpeas, garlic powder, smoked paprika, oregano, kosher salt, and pepper for 3 to 5 minùtes ùntil warmed throùgh and the vegetables are evenly coated in spices.
- Add the vegetables and the floùr to a food processor. Pùlse aboùt 20 times ùntil chùnky paste forms, scraping down the bowl of the food processor as necessary.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Gently form the doùgh into aboùt 40 to 46 balls (ùsing a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop** or two spoons) and place each on the baking sheet. Resist the ùrge to roll the balls in yoùr hands or they will come oùt too dense.
- Ùse a pastry brùsh to brùsh the oùtsides of the meatballs with olive oil.
- Bake the vegetarian meatballs for 30 minùtes ùntil lightly browned, rotating the pans at 15 minùtes to allow for an even bake. Allow to cool on the pan for 10 minùtes before adding to the gravy.
- Meanwhile, make the vegetarian gravy. When the meatballs are done, add them to the pan with the gravy. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.